Saturday, February 20, 2010

Process






so here are some process shots from my newest piece based on a flying geese quilt pattern. not yet finished, I probably have at least 6 more hours of sanding in front of me, and by that point I might decide to add some more colours.

so the process was to create quilt squares based of of simple triangles and looking at colour relation ships. Then I printed out two images of the completed under painting and tryed the two ideas I had for my over painting, the first one with triangles that I would sand off, and the second with stripes. Triangles won, so I painted a layer of off white paint over the whole painting to mimic the aesthetic of sun bleached fabric. Next I taped off the triangle to sand down and sanded off the over painting down to the under painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment